I am not ashamed to admit that we still have our dyed eggs from Easter, actually I kept them around so we could do some egg shell art. We made some lovely spring time flowers!
Let the wild rumpus begin......
First we took off all the egg shells. Wow I didn't know we would also be doing some science...
** River had a blast taking dissecting the egg. He put the shell, the skin, the cold egg white and the yellow "egg ball" into specific piles, and cross contamination was not allowed!
Here are all of our wonderful colors
Then I made a few flowers out of our trusty 'ol cream file folders
(We really do use those file folders for most of our art projects!)
Then River stuck the pieces of egg shell onto the flower.
I think using a glue stick is the way to go.
(Even before he started his 2nd flower I could tell that his excitement was waning. I mean we probably spent a good 30-45 mins dissecting the hard boil eggs, even before it was time to glue the pieces on.)
We used scotch tape and green toothpicks to make the steam of the flower.
(This was my yellow tulip)
We gave the wheatgrass a really good trim!
(Yep the wheatgrass was also left over from Easter.)
Our wonderful spring flowers have a home!