This space is to share fun preschool ideas and activities. I am also passionate about children exploring their outdoor surroundings. Thanks for stopping by to see the latest Adventure with the Kerr's!
RSS

Saturday, April 10

Letter T- couch cushion letters

As a parent one of the hardest things we do on a daily basis is to choose our battles. Do you argue about the pots and pans being used as indoor sleds, do you complain about the paint that spilled outside the designated paint area, do you allow your baby crawler to open the bathroom cabinet to get out the q-tips to play with EVERY single day and the list goes on and on.

When I saw all the couch cushions and pillows in one big pile I thought, "Do I need to argue about this or just give the lecture?" I decided to give the usual lecture of, "Remember what you take out you need to put away!" "Okay Mama," River responded. Then about 2 mins letter he says, "Look, I made T the tiger! And I made a small t like the cross Jesus was on." With that kind of excited declaration, I was really happy I decided to not stunt his creative play with the couch cushions.


So if you are interested in doing a fun letter reinforcement activity
all you need are..........

couch cushions and pillows



creativity

2 comments:

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Picking your battles is a tough one for me because I love to be in control of everything, so it's hard to let go and say, "Let them make a mess - they're having fun and learning." I'm going to be better about that.

Anonymous said...

Haley, you should let Lance write with toothpaste on the mirror more often. He told me that you always scold him for that. Relax and just go with it.

Post a Comment

Do tell...(it's always great to receive a little hello)

Related Posts with Thumbnails