This space is to share fun preschool ideas and activities. I am also passionate about children exploring their outdoor surroundings. Thanks for stopping by to see the latest Adventure with the Kerr's!
RSS

Wednesday, September 29

Autumn sensory tub


This past week the theme was, 
"Yell Yippee for the senses that make me!"

This sensory tub had an added element....the smell of soup!

We used a 5 pound food storage container of 
dry soup blend:
green lentils, brown lentils, mini alphabet letters, rice, dry onion pieces and seasonings.

At first the smell of onions was a little overwhelming!


The treasures to find were:
acorn tops
acorn nuts
plastic acorns: orange, yellow, auburn
glitter foam leaves: red, orange, yellow, and gray





The adventurers enjoyed sorting everything out! 
(The plastic acorns and foam leaves 
I found at the Dollar Tree.)


3 comments:

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Fun! I bet the kids loved it.

Kylie said...

I love your fall sensory bin and the sorting looks absolutely gorgeous.

I'd love it if you'd link up your sensory bing idea over at - http://ourworldwideclassroom.blogspot.com/search/label/Sensory%20Tubs%20Idea%20List/

Ms Erika said...

This was incredibly creative!
I have never thought of using a soup mix lol
I can't wait to try this
Thanks!

Post a Comment

Do tell...(it's always great to receive a little hello)

Related Posts with Thumbnails