This space is to share fun preschool ideas and activities. I am also passionate about children exploring their outdoor surroundings. Thanks for stopping by to see the latest Adventure with the Kerr's!
RSS

Tuesday, November 23

Indian corn

I had this idea brewing around in my head so I was excited to see if it was a keeper...and I think it will be!



Since frozen corn is on sale right now for Thanksgiving we were able to get a large bag for $1. We put the corn on trays in the dehydrator for about 4 hours. The cool leaf tops are actually from a plant in the front yard (sorry I don't know its name) which worked out great.




The materials we used:
*Dehydrated corn
*Thin cardboard from a cereal box cut into the shape of an ear of corn.
*Dried leaves
*Clear tacky glue (my most favorite glue)
*Scotch tape




Yes, even an 18-month old can do it!






River spread on the glue and then spread on the corn. 





Ta-da! 
I just used scotch tape to adhere the leaves at the top!



1 comments:

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Genius! You should win an award. I bet the kids loved doing this one. I'm not familiar with this clear tacky glue - I need to remedy that.

Post a Comment

Do tell...(it's always great to receive a little hello)

Related Posts with Thumbnails